Amongst the most respected and well-versed experts in the field of Arabic calligraphy, Wissam is at the forefront of discourses surrounding both traditional and contemporary practices. His commitment to education has led him to participate in panel discussions and workshops across the world.
- Lecture, “Calligraphy: Tradition to Contemporary Practice”, Qatar Foundation and the Graphic Design Department of Virginia Commonwealth University Graphic Design, Doha, Qatar, 2009.
- Calligraphy workshop, VCU Qatar, Doha, 2009.
- Arabic Calligraphy workshop leader, Al Basmalah Exhibition, DIFC, Dubai, 2009.
- Calligraphy Workshop Leader, Tashkeel Art Center, Dubai, UAE, 2008, 2009.
- Guided tour of The Holy Quran Exhibition, The Farjam Collection, Dubai, UAE, 2009.
- “The Influence of Islamic Art on Contemporary Practices”, Panel Discussion, The Farjam Collection, Dubai, UAE, 2009.
- “Introduction to Islamic Art”, Canvas Education Seminar, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2008.
- START Calligraphy Day of Fun, word into art, DIFC, Dubai 2007.
- Calligraphy workshop, Dubai International Calligraphy Exhibition, dubai, 2005.